File Formats

Some documents for download on this web page are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). These files can be opened with Adobe® Acrobat Reader.

Download Adobe Reader (opens in a new window)

What can be complained about?

Complaints can be made about any health service provider or disability service provider including public and private organisations. For further information see health service complaints, disability service complaints or carer complaints.

Complaints can be made about:

  • Services received from:
    • Hospital
    • Specialist
    • Nursing home
    • Care home
    • Accommodation
    • Health / private clinic
  • The care and treatment received:
    Health services
    • Ambulance service
    • Chiropractors
    • Dentists
    • Hospitals
    • Medical Practitioners
    • Nurses
    • Occupational Therapists
    • Pharmacists
    • Psychologists
    • Screening and immunisation services
    • Social workers in a health setting
    Disability services
    • The Disability Services Commission
    • In-home support
    • Carer’s respite
    • Accommodation
    • Therapy services
    • Day activities, recreation and leisure services
    • Advocacy services
  • The provision of the service where the provider has acted unreasonably:
    • Failing to comply with the Carer’s Charter
    • Refusing to provide a service
    • The manner a service was provided
    • Providing a service
    • Denying or restricting the user’s access to records
    • Breaching confidentiality
    • Charging an excessive fee
    • Not effectively dealing with a complaint

Contact HaDSCO for further information or to discuss questions with the team.

[Back to Frequently asked questions]

[Back to top]

Level Triple-A conformance icon, 
          W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0