Useful links

Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA)
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the organisation responsible for the registration and accreditation of 10 health professions across Australia. (external site)

Advertising Standards Bureau
Receives complaints about advertisements involving questions of taste and decency and health and safety. The Bureau applies a Code of Ethics that covers a range of issues involving discrimination, vilification, violence, sex, sexuality, nudity, alarm and distress to children, language and safety. (external site)

Funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care, and the Health Department of WA, Advocare Inc promotes the rights of people receiving aged residential and community care services. (external site)

Aged Care (external site)

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is an independent statutory authority which administers the Trade Practices Act 1974 and the Prices Surveillance Act 1983, and has additional responsibilities under other legislation. The ACCC assesses complaints on business practices and provides guidance to both business and consumers on their rights and obligations under those Acts. (external site)

Australian Dental Association
An organisation of dentists which has as its aim the encouragement of the health of the public and the promotion of the art and science of dentistry. (external site)

Australian Medical Association
The largest independent professional organisation for medical practitioners and medical students in the State, representing doctors across the public and private sectors, ranging from residents and registrars through to specialists and general practitioners. (external site)

Australian Securities Investment Commission (ASIC)
Federal Government Agency responsible for registration of companies and for the acceptance of lodgements of company documentation. (external site)

Carers WA
Carers WA is a non-profit, community based organisation and registered charity dedicated to representing carers' interests in the Western Australian community. (external site)

Citizens Advice Bureau
The Citizens Advice Bureau is a not for profit information and referral agency established in Western Australia on 19th March 1963. (external site)

Commonwealth Carelink
1800 052 222

Council of Official Visitors
An independent agency established under the Mental Health Act 1996, Official Visitors can hear complaints, make enquiries and act upon them to find a satisfactory solution, on behalf of people with a mental illness.
Telephone: 08 9226 3266
Telephone: 1800 999 057 (freecall) (external site)

Dental Health Services
Dental Health Services is a service unit of the Western Australian Department of Health. Our mission is to promote and improve the oral health of all people in Western Australia.
(08) 9313 0555 (external site)

Department of Commerce
Western Australian State Government Department responsible for promoting a fair and competitive environment for businesses and consumers. (external site)

Department of Corrective Services
The Department looks after offenders in the State's 14 prisons and 2 detention centres as well as people on probation, parole and other community orders. (external site)

Department of Health and Ageing
Better health and active ageing for all Australians. (external site)

Disability Services Commission
The Western Australian State Government Department responsible for service provision for people with disabilities living in Western Australia. (external site)

Divisions of General Practice (external site)

Equal Opportunity Commission
The Western Australian State Government Agency responsible for encouraging the recognition and understanding of the principles of equal opportunity, and for providing a means of redress to individuals who allege unlawful discrimination. (external site)

Freedom of Information
The Western Australian Freedom of Information Act 1992 gives people the right to apply for access to documents held by State Government Agencies. (external site)

Health Consumers’ Council
Provides individual health and systemic advocacy, information and advice regarding health services.
Telephone: 08 9221 3422
Telephone: 1800 620 780 (freecall) (external site)

Health Department of Western Australia
The State Government body responsible for providing public health services in Western Australia.
Telephone: 08 9222 4222 (external site)

Legal Aid
Legal Aid WA is an independent statutory body set up by the Legal Aid Commission Act 1976. They provide advice and other legal help. (external site)

Medicare Australia
This is Australia's main health information management and payment Agency, and administers Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. (external site)

Medicines Line
A national information service, providing Australians with access to independent, accurate and up-to-date information about medicines including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, complementary medicines and herbal and natural therapies.
1300 888 763 (external site)

Mental Health Law Centre
Provides a free and confidential legal service to people who are involved involuntarily in the mental health system.
Telephone: 08 9328 8266
Telephone: 1800 620 285 (freecall) (external site)

Mental Health Review Board
Provides an avenue to review a mental health patient's involuntary status.
Telephone: 08 9219 3162 (external site)

Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre (MMRC)
MMRC offers a range of services and programs designed to help individuals and communities bridge the gaps encountered by new and emerging groups during their settlement in Western Australia. (external site)

Office of the Chief Psychiatrist
The Chief Psychiatrist of Western Australia has independent responsibilities, powers and duties prescribed by the Mental Health Act 1996, and central to those duties is the responsibility for the medical care and welfare of all involuntary patients, and the monitoring of standards of psychiatric care throughout the State (Section 9). (external site)

Office of the Public Advocate
An independent advocacy service set up under the Guardianship and Administration System to ensure that the rights and best interests of people with decision-making disabilities are represented and advanced, both at hearings for the appointment of a guardian or administrator, and in the community. (external site)

Office of Safety and Quality in Healthcare
To engage consumers and patients as partners in the development of safety and quality at all levels of health care. (external site)

Ombudsman Western Australia
The Ombudsman serves Parliament and Western Australians by resolving complaints about the decision making of public authorities and improving the standard of public administration. (external site)

Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA)
OHCWA is an integrated teaching, research and service delivery centre of excellence for oral health. It provides training for dentists (including specialist training), dental hygienists, dental therapists, dental clinical assistants and dental technicians, and is a focus for research activity. The Centre also provides general and specialist dental services for patients eligible for public dental treatment. (external site)

People With Disabilities (WA) Inc
A consumer managed organisation that advocates on behalf of and represents the rights of all Western Australian people with a disability - physical, intellectual, psychiatric and sensory. (external site)

Privacy Commissioner
Investigates complaints about breaches of privacy. (external site)

Private Health Insurance Ombudsman
Provides private health insurance members with an independent service for health insurance problems and enquiries. (external site)

State Ombudsman
Investigates complaints about State and Local Government administration. (external site)

St John Ambulance
The primary provider of pre-hospital care services in Western Australia. (external site)

The Law Society of WA
The professional association for Western Australian barristers and solicitors. (external site)

Tenants Advice Service
A community legal centre funded to provide quality advice and information to residential tenants (both public and private) and community workers in Perth WA Australia. (external site)

Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH)
WAAMH's role is to support the development of the community-based mental health sector, provide systemic advocacy and representation, and influence public opinion for the benefit of people with mental illness and their carers. (external site)

Administers the Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act, and advises the Western Australian State Government on policies for this purpose. (external site)

[Back to top]

Level Triple-A conformance icon, 
          W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0